Running in Place

September 30, 2007

Birthday Layouts ... finally!

It may have been another week, but at least I come bearing layouts this time!! Seems life keeps getting busier by the minute and I know the next few weeks will bring a downhill slide right into the holidays! I am actually so excited for the next few months. I love the weather in the fall and October-December are packed with so many fun activities :)

We are headed to California in less than a week now and are looking forward to our annual Disneyland trip. This will be our fourth year in a row now but this year should be especially memorable because it will be Cougar's first trip to the "Happiest Place on Earth" and we are splurging and staying on-site at the Grand Californian Hotel. Should make for some very fun times!! We are also looking forward to staying at Grammy and Paca's house before and after our stay at Disneyland. To top it all off we are expecting our dear friends the Marsdens to pop in for a few days at the tail end of our trip. They moved back to Utah almost 3 years ago now but we've managed to see them at least once a year since then ... doesn't sound like much but we'll take whatever we can get ;) We will actually be spending 10 days with them in Hawaii this coming June - just adults!!!

So here are some of the pictures I've been promising for a few weeks now ... I've got plenty more to scrap but wanted to get a few posted so you could see my entire family since some of you have been asking ;)
(click to enlarge layout)
Credits: Shabby Princess Smarshmallows Album, Katie Pertiet Stamped Moments, CK Journaling font

Journaling reads: We are so lucky that Aunt Kris comes to visit us every fall. We love having her here and wish she could come more often.

What fun for Cougar to meet his Aunt Kristin for the first time!

(click layout to enlarge)
Credits:
Shabby Princess Smarshmallows Album, Ronna Penner Express Yourself (freebie), CK Handprint font

(click to enlarge layout)
Credits:
Shabby Princess Smarshmallows Album, Jessica Sprague Echoes of Asia Kit (freebie), CK Tipsy font, Century Gothic font

Journaling reads: We always go to Red Robin for dinner whenever anyone in our family has a birthday. This year we were lucky enough to have Grammy, Paca, and Aunt Kris in town to come with us for Kendyl's birthday dinner! September 13, 2007

(click to enlarge layout)
Credits: Jen Caputo template, Shabby Miss Jenn Shabby Poppies Kit, CK Academia font

Journaling reads: Everyone got into the High School Musical action for Kendyl's birthday ... here are some of the stars! 9-15-07

9 comments:

Lois Michael said...

Very cute pages Kari! Lucky girl....going to the Happiest place on earth and then to the dreamiest place in June. Have a great time. Love the pic of Cougar with the microphone. What a doll he is, fits right in there with the rest of the cuties.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you'll all be busy for awhile! Great pages and have fun in Disneyland. Oh, and wish Steve a Happy Birthday on Friday!! The old goat!!! I asked Bry who's birthday was on the 5th and he said I don't know, should I? He is so terrible he only remembers yours and Kiki's since they are on major holidays!! Sometimes he forget when mine is he kept thinking it was in September this year!!! I guess it's best that he married me since I remember everyones!!! Well have a great time and we best see tons of pics of your vacation!!! Love you all!! Triny:)

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

First of all... Brinley is a little Kari !! I've never even met her and I can tell she has your personality... I LOVE Kendyls' glasses... so cute and chic'. And Cougar... is just too cute. I want to squeeze his cheeks. I loved seeing the family pictures... Everyone looks great !! Remember when your dad took us for a ride in his Porche and our heads were glued to the back of our seats he was going so fast :)

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

PS... Really cute pages by the way :)

Love ya

Anonymous said...

I miss all of you guys so much and hope that I can get out there more often. Maybe once the divorce is final I can and my life is back in order.
The pages are adorable and remind me of the fun time we had.

Love
Kris

Brandy said...

I want to come--can you fit me into a LARGE suitcase? I promise I will be very still and quiet! If the answer is no I still love you! Have lots of fun and bring back pics of your cute family!

Amie said...

Kari, I have been enjoying your blog but have been a slacker in letting you know. I have to tell you that I am still just sick and devastated over Kendyl's split chin. Oh the nightmares I've had! Anything to do with blood or cuts or any of that medical stuff just sends me over the edge! Let's keep our fingers crossed that I'm not alone when the inevitable head split occurs with one of my rowdy boys. EWWWWWWW. I would just have to call 911 and let them drive! Anywho, love all of your digiscrapbooking and am very jealous of your upcoming trips! :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like all you have at your house and with your fanily is FUN! Your kids are all adorable! Disneyland sounds very nice and tempting for us everytime our kids faces light up and ask when we are going again! Hawaii will be a blast too, with no kids too...I think you know what you are doing! Have fun on your trip!

LivE said...

Hey there kari! So where are the 425 Disney photos??? :D

Just popping by to say hello to one of my two august favorites! ;)