Running in Place

August 14, 2007

I'm Up and Running!

Now I had you thinking I'm on a new exercise kick, didn't I? Well, I have been more faithful to the treadmill lately but that's not what I'm referring to ;) I am a student again!!! I told Steve before Cougar was born that when life settled down that I wanted to invest some time in myself and re-explore a love that I had for photography back in high school and college. I was never fantastic, but I loved it. Now having four extremely beautiful children (no bias there, huh?) makes me want to delve back into it. Things have changed a lot with photography in the past 15 years and I've been digital in the picture department for over 5 years now. I really wanted to find a class that teaches more about photo editing of digital pictures so I could play around with the pictures I've already taken and the many yet to come. Not only that, but I'm discovering the world of digital scrapbooking and really falling in love with that ... I'm convinced it may be the only way my children EVER see themselves on scrapbook pages :) I bought Photoshop Elements 5.0 almost 6 months ago and have finally started to play around with it. I've had so much fun but know there is a big learning curve to it and it is capable of doing so much more than I'm using it for. Enter Up & Running With Photoshop, an online, instructor-led video course that teaches the basics to photo editing and creating scrapbook layouts with Photoshop Elements!! I registered this morning and class starts next Monday. My mom and two other friends are taking it, too! I am so excited about this class and the chance it gives me to learn something new that will benefit me and my entire family. That may sound silly to some, but that's the way I see it. I'm kind of a computer geek at heart, too, so this creative medium just feels right up my alley. I'll make sure to post my "homework assignments" here on my blog so you can see how I'm progressing. Wish me luck ... I haven't been a student for a VERY LONG time now! Good thing it is work at your own pace and there is no grade at the end :)

4 comments:

Tori said...

YEAH! I am so excited to take this class with you! It always helps to be motivated to learn when you have someone to learn with you. Course this stuff is so fun, it is super easy to be motivated. We should have weekly "study groups." Do ya think our husbands will go for that?

BTW, don't think that I didn't notice what time this was posted. ;)

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like fun! I took photography in high school, but wasn't very good at it! I just like flirting with the boys in the dark room! J/K I need to learn to do a lot more things in the digital world. I have to say I still enjoy working with my good old fashioned scrapbooking stuff!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I'm so jealous. I have always loved photography too. Josh is an excellent self taught photographer but he's better at taking pictures of nature and scenic things... not so much of people. That’s where I come in. I am so excited to see all your projects and “assignments”. I have no doubt if you were getting graded... you would get an A+ !!

John Knotwell said...

Nice Kari! Can't wait to see what you come up with. I love the hobby and working in the "digital darkroom" is fantastic... you can mess up as many times as you like and undo it. You'll be phenom.