Running in Place

August 13, 2007

Creepy Crawlies

I am not one who cares much for the creepy crawly sort of creatures that happen to love our climate. I'm not completely freaked out by them altogether, I would just prefer to not have them around. Especially when my husband finds one like this in the grotto underneath our waterfall in the pool ....
It was really hard to get a perfectly clear picture and still get the detail with my less than professional camera, but yes, that is a red hourglass shape on it's belly .... Fascinating to look at because the contrast between the jet black body and the red belly are quite striking, but definitely much more interesting when I know my husband has bludgeoned it to death :)

4 comments:

Tori said...

That gives me the heeby jeebies! Yuck.

Unknown said...

I HATE SPIDERS!! my mom's friend was just bit by a black widow and says it was a pretty painful experience!!! YUCK!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I am the spider killer in our family. Josh HATES them and says "DEB...SPIDER...KILL...NOW " every time he sees one. Funny, he can put out a raging fire in the forest, hike up to 14,000 ft. elevation with such ease and he's afraid of a little teeny tiny, albeit, deadly spider... :) Go figure !!

John Knotwell said...

Uh... pest control companies can use some extra work.