skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Last year my dear friend Beth (yes, she's been called that in the past) and I decided to "celebrate" the kids going back to school with a lunch date. It was me, Beth, and our kiddos who were still at home (Kendyl, Cougar, and Alex). The following week, Steve asked if we were going to lunch. I said, "Not that I know of." His reply was, "Oh, I thought you had a standing lunch date!" So what's a girl to do?!? Schedule a standing lunch date, of course!! So, for the past year+ we have had a lunch date almost every week during the school year (summers are a bit tough with Beth's travel schedule *giggle*). We've had to switch the day of the week a few times, but this school year it is scheduled for Tuesday and I look forward to it every week! We don't branch out much ... in fact we can usually be found at one of three places - Paradise Bakery (75% of the time), Einstein's Bagels, or Chipotle (no chicken nuggets for us!!). Mmmmm ... my mouth waters just thinking about it!! In fact I still have cookies downstairs from our visit today :) Others are always welcome and sometimes join us, but we rarely miss a week. It is the perfect escape from a hectic week to catch up on our lives. I am so incredibly grateful for the time I have each week to share an hour or two with my closest friend!
This pic was taken by Kendyl at one of her last lunch dates with us before starting Kindergarten. She ALWAYS kept track of which restaurant we were going to (last year we alternated between Paradise and Einstein's and she NEVER forgot where we had been the week before!) and still asks each week about our lunch date :)
6 comments:
I look like the caffeine addict that I am. The one and only thing I don't miss about having sweet little Kendyl with us is her picture taking. :) Look at the size of that sandwich!! Surely I took some home in a box like I always do....
LOL. I love the pic of Beth!
I would like her so much better if she didn't drink that prune juice!
Don't let her take you to the dark side!!!!! ;)
Be strong. Diet Coke IS the nectar of the gods.
Way fun!! I am glad I decided to look at your blog! Looks like I'll have to check it every day opposed to every other month ;) I hope you all are doing well, we miss you and love you all!
That sound like great fun. Although I am loving sending Max off for the afternoon and putting Josie down for a 2 hour nap. A couple hours all to myself each afternoon!
I love your hair longer like that, Kari. Really cute!
Love it! My BFF and I have a standing every-other-Tuesday movie night. Girls need their girl time! :)
Post a Comment