Running in Place

November 10, 2009

Disney/Pixar Movies

I'm pretty much a sucker for Disney movies ... we've been through our phases, of course. We own just about every princess movie made and have worn most of them out. Now that we've got Cougar around and the girls are getting older we seem to be moving on to a new phase. We have purchased most of the Disney/Pixar movies as they have come out ... Finding Nemo, Cars, Monsters, Inc., etc., and the girls have enjoyed them. Cougar *LOVES* them!!!! I have gotten to hear/watch Cars, The Incredibles, and Monsters Inc., more times than I could count! Oh, and Toy Story ... don't get me started on Toy Story!! Their newest film, Up, came out on DVD today and I went to Target very first thing to pick it up. We actually saw it in the theater and I absolutely loved it!! I am not an emotional movie watcher (or person, for that matter) and almost had to get out my kleenex. We curled up on the couch as a family to watch it today and sweet Kendyl had tears streaming down her cheeks!! I am grateful to the brains behind Disney/Pixar for telling such amazing stories and helping me and my kiddos enjoy more time together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Toy Story, Cars, and Incredibles... I watch each of them at least 4 times a week!!! Good thing there are two Toy Stories or I would really be going crazy :) We bought Up, but haven't watched it yet! We are taking Kylie out Saturday and planning on coming home and watching it all together! I guess I may need some kleenex :) I am definitely grateful for Disney/Pixar too!

Beckie said...

Amen sister!
I can't wait to get 'Up' either.
It is the only cartoon I've cried at besides Mulan 2 (when she has to let go of Changs hand).
My oldest son wants to work at Pixar and I'm all for it!

Kasey said...

I loved UP, too!

Beware of the newest Disney Christmas Carol movie with Jim Carrey. I heard it's pretty much a horror movie, not Christmasy and definitely NOT for kids.

Heather said...

We just got this in Blu Ray for $10!!! And we're saving it for this weekend. I'm so excited!