Welcome to stop #3 on the blog train!! I can't believe there has been a stop at my blog two Saturdays in a row now ... are we making a habit? I don't know if I can keep up with the creative pace that it forces me into :) Today we are celebrating World Card Making Day. I found an interesting website that shares a bit of the "history" of the celebration that started in 2006. I love the idea behind it ... a time to celebrate the creativity of handmade cards, share in the connections of friends and family, and "kick off" the holiday card-making season - what more could a girl ask for?
I have been creating cards for about 10 years now - most of those as a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! I still love to create with my stamps but have really come to love the flexibility that my digital skills give me. I've created a template for you to create some of your own digital cards. I started with a "card front" sized 4" x 5.25". I make most of my cards 4.25" x 5.5" finished size because it is exactly half a sheet of regular sized cardstock or paper. Just cut in half and fold in half to get 2 cards :) With this card front you can print 4 per page, cut them to size, and adhere them to your own cardstock (and embellish to your heart's content). I also included a 4 x 6 and 5 x 7 version of the template for those who prefer to create cards in different sizes. Here is a sample card that I created using the basic card front template.

I also created what I call a "Fold-and-Go" template for you. This one you simply create, print (you can print 2 per page), cut and fold in half. DONE! Here are some photos to show you the difference between one I made using cardstock and cutting out the flower vs. using the "Fold-and-Go" template. I love the way that both of them came out!

Here is your freebie to download ... hope you enjoy it! Just click on the image :)
You should have stopped at Heather's blog before coming here - if not, make sure to backtrack ;) Next you're off to Jaime's blog for another freebie! Have a great day and have fun creating with all of your new goodies!!

15 comments:
I'm first!!!! That's cool, cause I'm never first.
Love the card template. Just look at you ... turning into another Liv, with all your creative genius and wonderful generosity.
Love ya to pieces!!!
Deb P.
The blog train links don't work????
I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!
It's going to be fun to play with.
Okay, the hitches are "unhitched". Your cards are gorgeous, Kari! Thanks for all your hard work.
Love your template and your cards! Thanks!
Those are too stinkin' cute!! Thanks!
Thanks a bunch. Anxious to see if I can get them printed! You're a most generous person and your efforts are appreciated. -L
Kari, you're cards are just amazing! Totally love that Halloween one. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Kari, you're cards are just amazing! Totally love that Halloween one. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
What a cute card! Thank you so much for the template.
Cute, cute, cute!
Hey...do you ever share what you create with your SU stuff? I'm a sucker for card making blogs...got a ton of them in my Google Reader. You are so creative, I'm sure your stamped stuff would be so fun.
I must admit to not jumping on the hybrid bandwagon simply because of the ink required to print off the images. I'm such a cheapskate I know! The cards sure are neat looking though!
Ü
I can't believe I just added your name as a designer in ACDSee. CRAZY!!!
Now that Debbie is gone, you are my wealthiest friend. Now that Cori moved away and you are a hybrid CT person, you are my most famous friend. Wealthy & famous! Sweet! ;)
This month I actually get to start my Jessica Sprague class, Yahoo! Now maybe I'll be able to do all your freebies, and get on this digi scrap bandwagon!
Love the template. Cards are nice. I haven't done any lately, think I will. Thank you!
Kari, your cards are awesome! I especially love the Halloween one. Trying to catch up after being gone over the weekend and just now checking out all the blogs!
Post a Comment