Kendyl was learning about weather in preschool on Thursday. They did an activity where they had a cottonball "cloud." They had to make their cloud into something else. This is what my darling daughter came home with (beyond proud to show off, I might add). She has clearly been spending too much time with her father ... I can only imagine what Ms. Beckie thought ;)

Cougar has a new trick he would like to share with you!
It all started when I went to get him up yesterday morning only to find him standing outside of his crib ... how did he get there? Brinley was not in the room to get him out like she normally does. Later, when driving home from getting Kendyl at preschool, the sweet boy fell asleep in the car - never a good thing. This often results in little to no "real" nap (unless timed just right and transferred perfectly). He woke up and so I fed him lunch and figured I'd try to put him down later. I put him down and heard him playing in his crib while I was frantically working to put the finishing touches on our stake leadership meeting goodies. A few minutes later I hear his door crack open and he runs down the hall and lands in the doorway of my craft room with a HUGE grin on his face!! I tell him it is time for bed and put him back down. I tell Steve he will probably be back out in 5 minutes ... um, no - try 30 seconds! Of course this is when we grab the camera and ask him to show us his new trick to share with all. Unfortunately this makes it "fun and game-like" so when Steve is left to put the kiddo to bed that night he climbs out 5 times only to be locked in his room (we still have the door knob turned around from when Kendyl was in that room and liked to come out and play in the hallway at night). Poor Brinley (shares a room with him because I refuse to give up a playroom) ... he kept climbing onto her bed and trying to get her to play with him! Today was much better. He fell asleep again on the way home from Costco but transferred beautifully and slept for 3 hours. When I went to get him up he started to swing his leg over the side but I rushed over to pick him up - he clearly does not need more practice! Tonight I think he was UBER tired and didn't try to climb out once! I'm guessing it is a blessing since I'm a single mom this weekend - I whisked Steve off to Utah for the BYU game this weekend - one of very few surprises I've ever been able pull over on him!! He has promised to enjoy a plate of cheese fries at the Training Table in remembrance of me ... what a guy :)
While Daddy is away the girls will play, of course :) I've got a babysitter all lined up tomorrow afternoon to come and sit on my couch (text messaging, of course) while Cougar sleeps so we can get in some girl time at the long awaited premiere weekend of High School Musical 3!
I know it's totally lame but I'm probably just as excited as my girls - and I'm not even afraid to admit that to the public reading my blog ;) We've got all of the music memorized ... the soundtrack was released on Tuesday ... and can't wait to put the music with the story. Should be a super fun afternoon that earns me bonus "cool mom" points!

16 comments:
Your snippets look like they've been keeping you hoppin'! Cougar is too smart for his own good. Too bad they don't work so hard to climb back IN to the crib for a nap! Enjoy the show...have never seen it here, yet, so don't know what all makes it so popular, but ENJOY!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. There is a line in the code for a blog post separator and that's where I added the url from Photobucket (where I happen to upload my stuff). I can try to find it for you if you want so you know what to look for.
Good luck!
Okay, this post had me laughing! I, too, am a secret High School Musical Fan. All of my Kindergarten Kids talk about it non stop and have tshirts, backpacks, etc... So one day it was on The Disney Channel so I just had to see what all the fuss was about. I had to fess up to my hubby when he found some of the songs on my ipod playlist.
Your kids are hysterical (and brilliant)! Thanks for the love on my blog!! I too, hope we can meet in "real" life when you are in this neck of the woods!
Please tell Cougar to keep that new trick to himself and not share with Brogan. He is already driving us crazy these days with his climbing. He doesn't need to know he can use those climbing techniques to get out of his crib.
Oh, BTW, I added you to my blog list I follow, but it seems that I am not on yours. Hmmmm..... Who was giving who a hard time about that? :p
You're expressions to Cougar getting out of the crib were typical.
Steve sounds proud, you gave a quick intake of worried mommy breath and one of the girls is laughing!
That's funny!
I am DYING! How cool is it to be a booger. I know a few more....
A great mildstone moment!! I haven't been on much lately and am try to get caught up with my buds. I posted a new bog today too. ~Ann
Hope you're having a fun girls' afternoon!
You are an awesome wife.
That is so funny! I love the video. I hope you had fun at the movie.
Cougar's launch made me gasp! I can't believe that! Sydney hasn't attempted that before, but then again, her big sister always pulls her out too.
We have a resident HSM lover and she would be so jealous of your girls!! She totally wanted to see that movie opening day...I told her maybe we'll go when it's in the dollar theaters. I'm a cheap movie mom. :p
Hey Girlie!!! You're not alone. My new DIL went to see HM3 this morning. When it was over, I only had one question ... when is it going to be released on DVD!!!!! LOL
Cute trick! You will regret teaching Cougar that, I promise. I hope he doesn't fall like that often.
Miss ya GF!!!
Honestly, I've watched that video about 8 times in a row now and I can't stop laughing. I keep thinking, how does he not hit his chin on the way down. Awesome!
Well that is so sad for you!!!! Honestly I would freak out since Ethan take an hour nap tops every day!!! It is hilarious don't get me wrong! I love how he totally plops down and gets up with no fuss! Hope he doesn't break a leg!
As for those Cheese Fries! I have on good authority that the boys did indeed stop by Training Table after the big game and gobbled some up! I sent some candy necklace making kits home with Steve, they are too exciting, but why shouldn't your kids be included in our slighty lame festivities!!! ;)
Thanks for the bday wishes. I had to crack up with Cougars trick, he just beams from ear to ear at his new stunt. He is so darn cute & proud with himself. What a doll!
He is the funniest little tird :) Thank the heavens my kids have never climbed out of their crib. Although I think Will may be the first.
We had to take Alex out of his crib at 8 months because he would do the same thing as Cougar. That's when he received his Jr. bed even though he didn't walk until a month after.
We started Alex on rock climbing when he was 4 because he would climb everything. He still loves to do rock climbing.
The kids and I must have watched that video 10 times and laughed everytime! That's so funny! Hope Steve had a great weekend! What a great wife you are.
Post a Comment