Running in Place

August 13, 2008

100th Post, a Facelift, and a Giveaway

Well, I finally made it to 100 posts ... what better way to celebrate than with a complete blog overhaul?! What do you think? I *LOVE* the Shabby Blog kits over at Shabby Miss Jenn's shop ... I've been eyeing this one for months now! She's got almost 30 different designs to choose from and even has a video tutorial available to help you install your goodies! I'm so happy with the way it came out - just like I pictured it :) In honor of my blogging milestone I'm giving away a gift card to her shop so you can pick one up for yourself!!!!! HOORAY for giveaways!! All you have to do is leave me a comment before Sunday, August 17th to be entered to win. If you don't feel like changing up your blog (or heaven forbid you don't have a blog) she's got loads of other goodies in her shop ... I own LOTS of them! Here's a sample of a "parenting" book that I made using her Wild Animals Bracket Album. I made it for Ashton's 1st Grade teacher who had a baby this summer. I interviewed all of the kids in her class and recorded their parenting advice.What if you aren't into digital scrapbooking or updating your blog? First of all ... you should be ;) That being said - I'll come up with something that you'll enjoy. So, comment away! Thanks for sharing my journey with me and helping me celebrate another blogging milestone!

P.S. The new photo on my header was taken by my brother-in-law, John, when we were in Utah a few weeks ago. He's got a great photographic eye and talent. Thanks, Johnny ... we *LOVE* the pics you took!!!!

P.S.S. I haven't tested all of my links to make sure they are correct but will do that over the next few days.

P.S.S.S. The next post WILL be Day 4 of Hawaii ... promise!


35 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic family photo! Love your redecorating job Kari! (and after your posts at JS about teacher gifts, the kids and I just had to make a batch of puppy chow. Thanks for the inspiration!)

Lois Michael said...

Kari, your overhaul is wonderful. Aston's teacher will be thrilled. your little book is darling. What a thoughtful thing to do(and time consuming). I have said it before, where do you find all the time? John took a great photo of you all too.

angie4th said...

You've really gone over the edge now since the days of just making worksheets "cute" for our 4th graders!! I should have known. :) I just talked to Lidd--her grandson Josh from my class just left on a mission. Are we old now?? :)

The Ridings said...

Kari, I love the family picture!!!! It is perfect!

Jena said...

Love the new look! And you totally inspired me to make a first day of school gift for my daughter's kindergarten teacher and it came out super cute-thanks!

Tori said...

You did a great job on the overhaul!!! You didn't need me at all. And you managed to finish and post before 2 a.m.! Love the picture and love how Cougar is in his own little world. So cute!

Laurie said...

Enough of kissing up to the teachers already! When is it going to be my turn? Ha! Ha! Love the album you made. Such a cute idea. Love the new paint on your blog, too!

Jill Knotwell said...

I love the new look! And that Johnny, he sure is a good photographer!

Unknown said...

Way cute look!!! Hey a question in order to do headers such as these, do you need special digital scrapbooking software? If so what the heck is it? I need to learn how to do this...I am starting to be envious which isn't a good thing.

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

The new look is so cute...Great family candid shot. Love the book too.. but I still need help with updating my blog look. I have no tutorial for my stuff from The Shabby Shoppe...so... when you have time... that's right... I need your expertise :)

Camille said...

too cute! i love it all, and that picture at the top is so cute and fun ;) my blog could use a new do too! so...maybe this is what will get me going in the right direction :)

Unknown said...

Okay, you're simply not human! I knew you were amazing before, but now I am speechless! ADORABLE family pic and I just love the new header. Betcha didn't even know I read ya all the time! ;)

Beckie said...

I love what you did with your blog. The new family pic is GREAT!!! I love it!!!
I also love the way you put your header together.
I wish everyone could see your book in person. The pictures don't do it justice. It was AWESOME!!

Julie L. said...

Kari--wow, LOVE your new blog look! SMJ rocks, huh!? I used her tutorial when I re-did my blog, and it certainly helped--I would have been dumbfounded otherwise! Your family photo is just perfect...beautiful.

Carol said...

Thanks for the link Kari, I love all those products.
Your blog looks great.

Anonymous said...

Love the new look and heaven forbid--but I'm one of those Non-bloggers (at least so far). So I guess if I win your little contest, I'll just have to start! Love ya and miss ya! Great to see your family picture too!

Natalie said...

Love the new look and the pics Kari! Congrats on your centennial post! The parenting advice book looks adorable. You are the best gifter I've ever seen.

Hugs, Nat

Cherri said...

Wow, really nice blog makeover. I want one too! I'm gonna go look at that site. Thanks for the info and your bracket album is adorable. You are one busy Mom (scrapper). Good job!

Kasey said...

Love the new look. One of these days I'm going to have to check out the video tutorial - every time I change my blog template I lose a bunch of my links, so I've decided it's just not worth the trouble it causes.

Cute family pic, too!

Kimberly said...

As usual I love to keep up with you guys! Sounds like a really fun summer. I'm going to steal your first day of school idea. Thanks!

Jeanne said...

Kari...I just love reading your blog whenever you post because I feel like I am almost a fly on the wall...you all sound like so much fun. How DO you keep your energy up?

Love the project and the ideas.

Love the facelift to your blog!! Thanks for the sweet comment on mine.

Can't wait for Day 4 of Hawaii...Ü

Heather said...

Okay, I just visited to say hi, but I can't resist being considered for the Shabby Miss Jenn GC. But I never really win drawings. So I'll still say hi. :) BTW, will you email me when you get a chance? I have something to ask you...

hi_c74 {at} hotmail {dot} com

Chrystal said...

oh, Pick me! Pick me! :) I don't think I have anything by Shabby Miss Jen, but I am heading there RIGHT NOW. :)

Seriously, LOVE your new look, Kari! And that photo really is amazing. Kind of makes me want to change up my blog...hmmm...

Katie said...

I LOVE the new look of your blog! And I am so glad you are posting again- I have missed you this summer. Love the parenting book you made- you are superwoman Kari!

Rosander said...

HOLY COW! I love it. It is soooooo cute! I love the picture, those kind of pictures are my favorite! It all looks amazing. Way to go on the 100 post! That really is an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Great family Pic!!!!! I love it.
I wish we had places with rivers and trees around here to take fun pictures!!!!

John Knotwell said...

Thanks for the props Kari. I have to say though that with such a photogenic family, the composition was easy. Love the facelift!

Tiffany said...

Those books are so stinkin cute, Kari!! Love the new face lift!! You're so fun and crafty and talented! Thanks for this fun drawing...it's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your blog looks great! I am really going to have to take you up on your offer to help me out. Your family pic is so cute thanks for sharing with us!

Unknown said...

Love your new look & family photo Kari! That bracket album is adorable! Your projects are always so creative & fun, even if you are a major suck-up to those teachers...LOL!

Unknown said...

WOW Kari, you have been busy! Loving your new blog look, its awesome and the photo on it of all of you is beautiful! Hope to catch up with u soon matey! ((((hugs))))

Anna Marie said...

Oh wow! I popped over for a visit and wa la - a beautiful new site. Congrats on your posting and your talents at all this digital goodness.
xoxox

Tezra Williams said...

Kari,
your blog is GORGEOUS!!!! I love reading it all the time and now it's all fab and decked out!

Carolyn Hansen said...

Gorgeous new layout! Congrats on the 100th post :)

Suzy Hicks said...

So I'm a little late for the give away, but congrats of your 100th post....you are the woman! Your blog is SO adorable (should I be surprised?). Hope you are doing well. I love the family picture in the header, very cute!