Running in Place

September 2, 2008

Kendyl Heads to School!

Right in the thick of recovering from the surgeries we had the thrill of Kendyl getting to head back to preschool. It was such a ray of sunshine in her day after having to be fairly housebound all weekend!! She went to preschool with Ms. Beckie last year and we wouldn't have thought to send her anywhere else this year. Not only is her curriculum fantastic but she is incredibly organized and she *loves* her preschool kiddos. On top of that she is an amazing person and dear friend ... one of those people that you never hear anything but GUSHING comments about :)

Kendyl is lucky enough to get a second year of preschool because her birthday just misses the cut-off for entry into Kindergarten this year. She loves school and always comes home excited to show me what she has learned and done that day. Everyone in her class is her "friend" before she even has a chance to meet them, too! She had her outfit for the first day chosen a month ago and was ecstatic to lay it out on Monday night. We had been counting down for weeks to the big day. When she woke up and saw the gift I had made for her to take to Ms. Beckie she was even more excited to go. She was convinced that we should drop Brinley off at school and head straight to her house to wait for preschool to start. Problem is we drop Brinley off more than an hour before preschool starts! She had to wait at home with me ... with her backpack all ready to head out the door ;) (Note Kendyl did not get a new backpack this year either ... reference the photos from last year!)

14 comments:

Sarah Norton said...

Seriously cute daughters!!

Jeanne said...

Oh my gosh! How cute is she??? My Jessica missed the cut off, too, and had two years of preschool with the same teachers each year. It sure does help. She was so confident starting kindergarten!

You have an adorable family.

Hope the patients are recovering well.

The Ridings said...

What a cute girl!

Jen Wolff said...

You'll be ever so glad she is one of the oldest in Kindergarten! I teach K and generally, the older kiddos do the best. I actually kept my son for another year as he was a mid October bday. Best thing I ever did! I am so loving your hybrid gift for the teacher. What an awesome idea!

Anonymous said...

How amazing how much she looks like you and Ashton looks like Daddy. You are blessed with great kids. Aloha, Sarah

John Knotwell said...

Way to go Kendyl. Being the oldest in the class is more fun anyway, you'll be older and wiser. Have fun this year!

Beckie said...

I LOVE my teacher gift!! It's adorable and the Dt. Coke & M&Ms are really going to hit the spot!
Kendyl is such a doll and I've been so blessed to teach both Ashton and her. You're such a fun mom and doing such a great job raising them!
I like the frames you put around the pics too!

Jill Knotwell said...

Preschool is always so fun and a must for moms. She is so cute and I love to see her cute face.

Julie L. said...

Wow--what a cool teacher gift--I still have to make one--you inspired me to begin with! :) Love the frames on your photos, too! Kendyl looks so happy!

Hooray for that first tooth out for Ashton! My Catie (almost 6 has lost one, and has one really loose, but I too am worried because her 2nd new tooth is coming in WAY behind it!) guess I need something to worry about :)

Unknown said...

Super Cute!!! I am lovin preschool!!! She looks super sassy, but I wouldn't expect anything less!

Anonymous said...

Kendyl, you are soooo cute. I know how much you love school and how excited you were to start. Have a great year with Miss Becky.

Rosander said...

I love that kids get so excited to go back to school, but if I had a treat like that to take, I would be thrilled as well. another cute Idea I'll have to borrow. I hope you feel flattered that I would want to copy you and not like... can she have an original though? Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Wow. She has changed since I last saw her. She looks older already. Your girls all have such cute, thick hair. So cute!

Cameron Family said...

So fun! We LOVED Ms. Becky! Have fun Kendyl!