I've practically missed September!!! I knew with the double surgery that life would get hectic but had NO IDEA that recovery and the rest of my life would cause me to lose so much sleep and wake up in a different month ... almost :) I feel like I've aged 10 years in the last month (it isn't pretty, either)!! So much has happened, so much to write about, so many pictures to post, so many projects share, still have to finish Hawaii - yes, there are still several days to tell you about, and feeling the desperate need to "reconnect" to my blogging friends!! I think I could spend an entire week reading your blogs, soaking up what you are doing in your lives, and leaving comments and love for each of you ... I miss feeling like I know what you're up to!!
I'm going to have to break things down into smaller posts so I don't overwhelm myself so I decided I needed to start with my big news since I haven't had a chance to share it since I found out 3 weeks ago. No, I'm not pregnant (shame on you for thinking that)!!! Back in August I got a little "nudge" from my friend Heather to apply to be on a creative team for a digiscrapping site called ScrapMatters. They were looking for a group of digital designers as well as hybrid designers to create layouts and projects using the designs sold in their shop. It was something I had considered and wanted to do for about 6 months but never wanted to put myself "out there" for fear of rejection.
Sidenote: Creative teams usually work with the designs for either a particular designer or for an entire shop - showcasing their products by posting them to online galleries and letting people know what they are using, who created it, and where they can get it (like when I post the credits under the projects I post here)! CT members are responsible for creating a certain number of layouts or projects each month for their designer or site. It also involves being active on message boards, promoting challenges, sales, etc. They often have a team blog that will highlight products, designers, projects, and challenges as well. Creating hybrid projects combines the use of digital and "traditional" scrapbooking and papercrafting (similar to several of the projects you have seen me post previously).
At the same time I decided to apply for the ScrapMatters team I also saw a CT call for another designer that I love, Bren Boone, who was looking to add a hybrid member to her team. Since I had just gotten up the courage to apply for the one I decided to throw caution to the wind and apply for both. On surgery day I came home to an e-mail letting me know that I had been chosen to be on Bren Boone's team!!! I was thrilled and shocked - such great news on a less than perfect morning ;) I was still anxious to hear from ScrapMatters but was obviously pretty preoccupied with the recovery of my 2 darlings to be too worried about it ... although I checked my e-mail every chance I could to see if I'd heard anything! A few days later I got the e-mail inviting me to be a part of the SM hybrid team! Over 60 people applied for their teas and from that about 20 digital designers and 5 hybrid designers were selected. Hybrid is a new aspect of their CT so it is exciting to be a part of something new!
So now that I've gushed about myself .... If you look in my sidebar I've added blinkies to both shops (Bren sells at a few shops right now). The blinkies will take you right to the shops so you can see the goodies I get to play with - for free (one of the BIGGEST perks of being on a CT)! I've also put links to the team blogs. I will be posting and hosting challenges on both and will let you know when :)
What does all of this mean for me? MAKING time to do what I love (even more than I tried to schedule before ... now I have "deadlines"). Trying to keep my creative juices flowing. Doing my best to find the right "balance" between life, church, and CT work. Oh, and I'm back in training for another triathlon so I'll add that into the mix!
What does this mean for you? Getting to see lots more projects and pages :) I hope you will enjoy that! I won't include all of the credits here but if you click on the images it will take you to one of the galleries where they are posted in case you want to go shopping ;)
September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






16 comments:
This is AWESOME! I am so happy for you Kari. Congratulations and enjoy it. You New CT member you!
Aloha, Sarah
Congratulations, Kari! You, superstar, you! Ü I thought I saw a piece that belonged to you when I was scrolling thru a Scrapmatters blog post. I believe it was about your Chicago trip with all the OCD AR gals (your description, not mine).
Fantastic for you! You must thrive on being busy. Ü
How are the recuperating patients doing?
Hugs!
Oh Please! How could they NOT except you? You are one of the most talented people I know!
I'm glad I get to see you a few times a week for preschool.
Otherwise I would be emailing/calling/coming over to see if you are 'o.k.'.
Gear up! Here come the holidays too!
I'm so excited for you !! You will do a great job. (why weren't we this crafty back in college?) You have a wonderful talent... good to see you sharing it with others.
Love you
Congratulations Kari, I am amazed at how much you can stack on your plate and still handle it. I think you will do an awesome job. You go girl.
Congrats! You are super talented especially at making time for so many things, you make my schedule look like a cake walk! Hope Kendyl had a Happy Birthday, I told Bry since he talked to you that day to wish her one, but I doubt he did! Well good luck with everything you have on your plate!
Kari, I'm so excited to get inspired by you!!! Way to go, you'll do an awesome job. So Ryan and I are getting out of the Navy and going into PHS, basically we keep all the benefits of the Navy but we aren't deployed or have to move. We can pick one of their places and stay there. Ut and ID are already staffed, but the Phoenix site would like Ryan to work for them. We haven't totally decided, but it's looking like we will accept their offer. So what area do you live in? We will probably stay there for 10-15 years so I'd like to pick a place with a strong church youth program. Hows the church in your area? Sorry for the long comment, but you are one of my only LDS friends out there and I can't get a hold of MariAnne Olsen.
HOORAY--so proud of you Kari for getting the nod at both for both CTs!
Glad to catch up with you via blog!
Glad you're on board. ;)
Glad to see you are getting back to normal. Gotta love the stuff over at ScrapMatters. I'm having fun there also!
Kari, I love the drink holder Treats for the Teacher! I may have to lift that one! Do you have a template/pattern for it? Would you want to make one using Fall Splendor and feature it on SM? I might have to PM you about this!
(heather)
I know I told you I was so excited in my email to you, but I just want to tell you again how awesome that is. You are perfect for this! I can't wait to see what fun things are to come!
Wow, busy lady! I am so excited for you and this is perfect for you! Good job!
Kari, I was misinformed Ryan got a job offer from PHS not from the Phoenix site. Hopefully, this will still place us in Phoenix but I'm not on realtor.com anymore. Love the new layouts. I've never looked at scrapmatters, I'll have to stop in.
That is so exciting!!! Smart move on their part! I really don't know how you find the time though. Your new layouts are adorable as usual. Good stuff! Congratulations!
whoa! that's me on that card! i'm famous!
Congrats on the CT....i have been a bad blog reader lately and ran across this tonite! you go girl!!! so proud of you!!!
Post a Comment