

I have also participated in a few speed scraps over at ScrapMatters, too! These are crazy fun and totally addicting :) A lot of times they happen when I'm putting kiddos to bed so I can't fit it into the schedule but Steve came home to take over tonight so I could play ... what a guy! The idea behind a speed scrap is that you receive 7 instructions for your layout - types and numbers of papers to use, number or pictures, elements to use, etc. You receive 1 new instruction every 10 minutes for the first hour. After you have all 7 instructions you have and hour and 15 minutes to complete and post your layout! Reminds me I need to have my digi stuff more organized than I have it so I can find what I want! Oh, and I decided to make a quick shopping trip to buy some new goodies to use right in the middle of the speed scrap. I bought, downloaded, and used my goodies within the time frame ... I could never have run to a scrapbook or craft store and accomplished the same thing!!
I got to do one tonight. This one was really challenging for me! The rules for this one were:
1. one solid, dark paper, used as the background. One patterned paper used in any way on the page (other than background). No more, no less.
2. 3 photos: 2 must be the same size. The other one must be smaller than the 2.
3. One frame only, but that frame needs to have a cluster on or behind it. (I want to encourage you to use drop shadows—especially with the clusters)
4. Use a hanger anywhere on the page.
5. Must use something shiny on the page: can be metal, glitter, bling. I don’t care; I just want some shine!
6. Title: Use 2 alphas please.
7. Date your page. And, you can journal…BUT, you cannot journal any more than 2 sentences. It will work if you have no journaling at all!
And here is my layout for this one!

This was from the first speed scrap I did back on August 26th ... the directions were:
#1 - Pick one picture only and it has to take up at least 1/3 of your page
#2 - Use as many papers are you want - but the back ground paper needs to be solid
#3 - Now choose at least one frame - I want you to frame your picture, but (here's the catch) not the entire picture.
#4 - Attatch the frame to the picture of paper with two different methods - i.e. stitches, staples, buttons, hinges, etc
#5 - Now add flowers and something else found in nature
#6 - I am sure I will hear a lot of complaining about this one - but here we go anyway. Next find some word art for your title. It has to work alone to explain your picture because for this one I don't want to see any journaling. You can use premade word art or something you do by yourself.
#7 - Now date your LO and embellish to your hearts content.
Here is the layout I came up with!


9 comments:
Great job Kari. I've wanted to do one of the speed scraps but was kind of nervous. I think I'll give it a try next week.
Love your LOs GF!!!! Please post the Chicago LOs on the 4shared site so we can download and add to our Spragfest Albums. Please!!!!
Love ya & Miss Ya Bunches!!!
Deb P.
beautiful layouts! I LOVE your family one...the slight recoloring of all of you inside the frame...you're good! Jess taught us well, huh!? :)
the speed scraps look FUN!~
You amaze me! everything you do is awesome. That family lay out... holy cow! Like I said you amaze me! Way to go! That sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to get into digital scrapping, but I have no idea how! You'll have to give me some pointers.
:)
Love the creativity oozing from every pore of this blog.
So cute! Love 'em!
That girl in the green layout on the far left is hot!! Who is she?? LOL! Love your LOs my friend! I see your are totally excelling in your new role. Miss you!
I am really annoyed that I am not a peep. You couldn't photoshop me in???
So cute!! Love the family page.
Post a Comment