Running in Place

June 12, 2008

I've got 2 tickets to Paradise ...

Are you singing along with me?! We are off on the trip of our lives - or at least that’s the plan ;) Things aren’t working out EXACTLY as we had hoped, but I’m sure once we get off the ground things will be perfect (how’s that for positive thinking?)!! This trip has been in the works for over 9 months now so it definitely feels like it is ABOUT TIME!! We took the kids for a vacation with Grammy and Paca so we could take our first “real” vacation since kids came along 9 years ago. We’ve either been in school with no money, just out of school with no money, pregnant, or tied to home with a new baby … the timing just hasn’t been right! Now we are Hawaii bound with so many fabulous things planned that I can hardly contain my excitement.

We are currently sitting on a plane that was supposed to take off almost 2 hours ago. They are trouble shooting some mechanical problems and are hoping to be San Francisco bound in 30 minutes. Let’s hope we get moving soon - my battery power on this laptop is sucked dry in about 30 minutes tops so I’ll be lucky to finish this entry … which is really too bad since we may be here a while and I could be really productive in catching up on our lives the past 6 weeks or so! Our dear friends are already in SFO awaiting our arrival so we can board the plane to Honolulu together. So far they are holding that plane for us to arrive since there are 65 people on this flight getting onto the Honolulu flight. If they put us on another flight it means 5+ less hours we get to spend with the Marsdens … and then they are stuck in Honolulu waiting for us to arrive (since we are the ones with the timeshare reservations)!! Good thing we have the next 8 glorious days with them filled with amazing excursions, lots of sunbathing, fabulous food, people watching, and laughs galore. I’m hoping to check in here along the way to post some pics of our adventures - thank heaven for wi-fi!!

They just announced that they have been unable to fix the A/C problem so far, so they are contacting their chief to see where to go from here - my vote is San Francisco and then onto Honolulu!!! By the time we get there it will be after 2 AM “our” time and since I was up until 3:30 this morning getting packed and ready for us to be gone (my entire house is clean … all the way down to the kitchen floor … ALL at the same time!) I will be one tired girl :) Good thing we’ve got a lazy day of snorkeling, laying on the beach, shopping, and eating planned for tomorrow!

P.S. I would post pics from sitting in the airport but my USB card reader is only sized for an sD card and the card in my P&S camera (which I used for the few pics in the airport … easier) uses a CF card!!! Will take plenty with the “right” camera/card to post once we make it to Hawaii :)

1 comments:

Rosander said...

Oh, Good luck! Sounds like fun. What island are you going to? I hope you have a blast. I think by far the hardest part of any trip is the getting there and the getting home.