Running in Place

April 29, 2009

Treading Water

I'm floating out here ... trying to keep my head above water ;) Lots to accomplish before the weekend. It's a big weekend in the scrapbooking world - National Scrapbooking Day is Saturday. This, of course, spills over into my creative team work so I wanted to make sure you knew about all of the exciting things happening! First, when you stop in on Saturday you'll be jumping on another blog train! The ScrapMatters team will have 5x7 and 8x8 brag book pages for you created with an amazing collab kit that the designers have put together call "Hawaiian Happy Hour." With a BIG sale and tons of fun challenges and speed scraps galore you'll definitely want to get in on the fun! I'm also taking contributing to a new hybrid scrapping/crafting blog called The Hybrid Chick. There are some crazy good hybrid girls over there with loads of amazing ideas. My first project was posted a few weeks ago (you can check it out HERE if you want) and I'll be contributing about once a month. They are also doing it up right for the weekend with lots of challenges, ideas, and GIVEAWAYS!!! You really don't want to miss out!Another not-to-miss-out-on spot will be Jessica Sprague.com. Anyone who has known me over the past year and a half knows how much I love Jessica for her inspiration and teaching style. My life has honestly been changed since meeting her and taking her classes (and, of course, making so many dear friends on the Spraground ... can't wait to see everyone in September!!). She will be having nightly live chats, new products in the store, freebies, a big sale, and two new FREE quick start classes being released! I just finished the Scrapbook Alchemy 3 course and completed an album for my mom for Mother's day (I'm pretty safe posting that because I'm fairly sure my mom only checks my blog about once a month ... maybe). I'll do an entire post about it later with lots of pictures but what I will say now is that you WILL NOT regret taking that class. In fact, it will inspire you. And at 30% off through Mother's Day you simply can't go wrong!!! If you've been wanting to take a dip into digital scrapbooking this weekend is the perfect time!One last thing ... There is another site called Songbird Avenue that puts together a kit for charity every month. They invite a guest designer to collaborate with their already talented designers to create something beautiful. The kits sell for $8 - almost $7.50 of which goes to the charity of the guest designer's choosing (they only take out Paypal fees ... 100% of what is left goes to charity). This month's guest designer is Ali Edwards who is a phenomenal scrapper and designer. She has been hugely successful in more areas than you can imagine. The charity she chose is dear to her heart - Autism Speaks. Her son is autistic and she has written many stories and blog posts about their journey. In an act of extreme generosity, Jessica Sprague posted on Sunday that she will personally add a $2 donation for every kit purchased by April 30. When Ali heard about it she, too, decided to add a matching $2 for each kit sold. That means that almost $12 will be donated to this worthy charity for every kit sold in the next few days. I am astounded at the giving spirit of those wanting to make a difference. Thanks to Songbird Avenue, Jessica, and Ali for their incredible examples. Even if you don't know what to do with the kit, head over, purchase it, and make a difference. Then head to Jessica's site this weekend to check out her new FREE quick start class ... I'm sure she'll give you an idea of what to use it for ;) Click on the image to make your purchase!
Well, it's time to get back on task ... break over! Oh!! I almost forgot - one of my recent projects was featured on The Daily Digi site this past weekend (right HERE in this post)! To say I was shocked to see it there would be an understatement :) Haven't had a chance to post the project here yet, or many other projects for that matter. One day I'll post a Projectpalooza so you can see what I've been working on ;) If you don't have that site bookmarked you MUST do so now ... or add it to your Google Reader. You won't regret it. Thanks for stopping by ... with my poor excuse for blogging lately it's a wonder I have anyone who bothers anymore *HA*

8 comments:

Julie L. said...

I still bother! I saw your cute onesies in the Daily Digi! LOVE IT! I was so excited for you! Can't wait to have lots of digi fun this weekend for NSD!

Laurie said...

Yeah, you are pretty pathetic with your blogging. Ha! It's a wonder that your even still my friend after this week. I am really hoping I will get put on call Friday so I don't miss out on anything this weekend.

Jill Knotwell said...

I am loving the onesies! And by the way, do you want to make me some chocolates for Teacher Appreciation Week? I only need one... pretty please?

Unknown said...

Kari you are super talented, I don't think I could ever get to the level you are with digital scrapbooking!!!! I better keep trying to improve with my photography, even though I may never find my niche in life! The tins are super cute, can I ask you where you buy the tins????

Kari said...

I get the tins online right HERE :) If that link doesn't work there is a link in the blog post that I wrote. They have the best prices I've found. I usually order 25 at a time ... Once I did a mass order for friends here and ordered over 200! If there are enough people that want some I can look into doing an order like that again.

andreamatrix said...

I don't know how you do it all!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Prettiest chocolates I've ever seen. Such a cute package !! To me, it's all about presentation :)

Angie said...

Kari, I seriously can't keep up with all the fun stuff you are always doing! I especially love all of your hybrid stuff. I love making gifts and things that use digital scrapbooking. You're amazing, that's all I can say1