Crazy to think that two full months have gone by with a post every.single.day. I learned/observed quite a few things from my experience! Here are just a few of them:
1. I can do hard things {like blog every day for 2 months and survive a kitchen redo in the midst of the holidays}.
2. I will never remodel any part of my house - by choice - during the holidays again.
3. I focus a lot on food and treats ... sorry {and you're welcome - don't pretend like you haven't gone to Target to grab one of my latest finds or that you haven't made Addiction for all of your friends. Yup ... you're welcome.}.
4. I did my hair almost every single day in December. I'm thinking that might be a record (kinda like blogging every day for 2 months).
5. I posted more pics that had me in them than I thought that I would ... and I'm glad.
6. My family does not like me taking pics of them on such a regular basis.
7. I don't express my gratitude often enough - even for the little things.
8. I would rather have mediocre, unedited photos of our life than no pictures at all {remember the blogging hiatus? It was kinda a picture hiatus, too *sigh*}.
9. My "everyday life" is pretty darn good ... even when it's not.
10. I am not meant to be a daily blogger.
I'm sure I learned more than that but I'll spare you the details - you've heard enough from me the past few months!!
BUT, with New Year comes the time for reflection and sizing up what you want to do/be/change/complete or experience in 2011. I've been making a bit of a list that I know will grow/change/modify as the year goes on, but for now, these are a few of the things the I will be focusing on this year {in no particular order}:
Read my scriptures - consistently.
Send birthday cards.
Volunteer in my girls' classrooms.
Attempt to do more {some} sewing.
Plan a party for fun.
Do my visiting teaching.
Send thank you cards ... just cuz.
Learn to make jewelry.
Maintain my fitness routine.
Eat breakfast.
Think of others more often and DO something about it.
Blog more regularly.
Try 1 new recipe a week.
Spend less / Save more.
Read 4 books for fun {quit gasping, people!!}.
Attend the temple once a month.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Wishing you all the best that 2011 has to offer! Thanks to those of you who joined me the past 2 months ... even if you didn't comment ;)


9 comments:
Love the "thank you card " goal. I totally believe in that. It's so important for kids especially to learn and do that as well. Teaches them to be grateful...even for the smallest thing. I'm in the process of making 11 thank you cards just for Christmas stuff alone. :)
Kari,
It was so fun to hear from you on my blog and find your cute site! You have such a bubbly, fun personality! And what a beautiful family you have! Everybody has grown up so much since I saw your family last. It was fun to see pics of Pam and Ed too! My parents really miss them as neighbors. It looks like you had fantastic holiday season! I love your goals! Hope you have a wonderful 2011!!
So much of this rings true for me also!! We had a great lesson in Relief Society today about balance in our lives (I am not as good at it as I'd like to be). I had already been thinking a lot about what must be done, needs to be done, and what is just nice to do. I am a little late in making my goals for this year, but I believe this is the year I will be more diligent with my goals. I think they will help to keep me sane this year! Looking forward to keeping up with you and hoping also that this is the year we get to "meet" for reals!
That was fun to read! What books are you going to read? Maybe I'll read one with you!
One of your goals is to "blog more regularly". Ummmm, like more than once a day!
P.S. I'm glad we're friends :)
You are IMPRESSIVE girl way to be a pro blogger!! :)
i did read every post but didn't comment, i know lame-o! i loved seeing what you were up to. you are amazing in all you do, seriously i wish you lived closer so i could just see you in action! thanks for sharing all you do, i learn so much from you, it's awesome! happy new year!
Kari! It is so fun to read about your life! Of course, we still miss you and your fam! Love the 2011 goals! Hope we can see each other this summer! Thanks for being an inspiration to me--I don't know if I will ever be able to cram as much as you do into 24 hours-seriously!!!
I have {some} more sewing on my list, too. I got a new machine this week that I'm super excited about!
You're amazing, Kari. What a list!
I'm so impressed that you have a "to do/change" list since you already do it all! And with such energy and creativity!
If you want to sew a bit more, I have my bag pattern we can sew together :)
Post a Comment