Running in Place

January 5, 2011

Help a Girl Out

My dearest blogging friends, blog followers, and commenters,

I love you all. I would love to respond to all of your comments. I would love to keep track of all of your personal blogging. The problem is, I also like to streamline my process. I {as many of you} have my blog set up to e-mail me when someone leaves a comment. The easy thing to do would be to hit REPLY from that e-mail so I could reply directly to you about your comment rather than leaving a comment on my blog in reply to your comment, realizing you will likely not come back to the comments to read my reply. Have I lost you? My smarty pants friend Brenda (also known as the Techie Geek Mom) tipped me off to how to fix this {since she couldn't reply to my comments via e-mail} and it has been a joy for her (and me) ever since! Run on over and read this post, follow the directions to enable your profile, and I will love you even more. Forever and ever. And I will reply to your comments when you choose to make them.

Now, for those of you who have private blogs, there is one downfall to your privacy ... no feed to Google Reader. I have found that the easiest way to keep track of the blogs that I read is to keep them all in my Google Reader. I do have an easy solution to this problem {you wanting your privacy and me wanting to know when you post without having to go looking for updates} ... add me to your BlogSend e-mail list in Blogger. I did this with my mom (who never checks my blog) so now she gets an e-mail every time I update - she loves it!! You can do this for up to 10 people within Blogger so if you have other friends or family that are too lazy to check your private blog {I have 3 different Google profiles and one non-Google address and can only log into your blogs from whichever one I was invited through ... I often can't remember}, you can add them, too - and they will thank you for it! Here's how you do it:
Log into your blog dashboard, click on the Settings tab, select E-mail and Mobile, and enter my e-mail address in that very top box. I'm attaching a screen shot so you can see exactly what it should look like {right down to my e-mail address} ... you're welcome ;) Click picture to enlarge and read the details clearly.

WOW ... now I feel like a demanding diva! Guess that's what happens when you go back to bootcamp after 2 weeks off and every muscle in your body hurts - you want other people to make your life easier. Oh, who am I kidding? It has nothing to do with my aching muscles. I'm just a diva.


5 comments:

Natalie said...

I did it! :) Thanks for the heads-up.

Miss Kris said...

Thanks for the tip about the Blog e-mail list. It's perfect for my mom too!

rebecca said...

I think I've done this?? Do you get mine?

Anna Marie said...

Wow! Where have I been? I have totally loved catching up on your holidays! The play by play was loads of fun to read and won't you love getting to go back and relive it? Glad to hear all is busy but well! Hopefully we'll get to spend some time together in the New Year.
Xoxo amr

Jill said...

Okay, I think it is because I'm uber tired, and not uber smart, but the words started getting fuzzy around 'read this post'. I really want to do it though. I' so technologically challenged it will take me a year. But I think it sounds so convenient. Trust you!