Running in Place

October 22, 2007

Time to head back to class

Well, I'm officially a student again! After a few weeks off I have started another online digital scrapbooking class with Jessica Sprague. She really is an amazing teacher - incredibly uplifting and inspiring. She makes you feel like you can do ANYTHING in Photoshop Elements! I started the Now We're Rockin' with Photoshop class today and was completely blown away by how much we learned in our first lesson ... I can't wait to see what the next 4 weeks brings :) We tinted a photo to sepia and selectively added back color, we learned to use a torn paper template, add fully justified text (newspaper-like columns), create a custom journaling tag, and add several different embellishments with drop shadows! I know most of that sounds like Chinese to you but trust me ... it is all SO COOL!! Here is the final result. The picture was taken on our recent trip to California after church on Sunday. It is a rare occurrence when everyone's hair is done and they are all in coordinating clothes so I had to take advantage of it! I would guess that at least 40 of my 425 pictures were from our Sunday afternoon photo shoot.
(click to enlarge layout)

Credits: Trish Jones Impressions: Idea (blue paper), Crush Bubbles (journaling paper), and Distressed Diva (grungy edge frame), Katie Pertiet Paper Reveals Layered Template No. 2, Meredith Fenwick September Afternoon (alpha), Jason Gaylor Valentastic Valentine Brushes

Journaling reads: I consider myself extremely blessed to have four beautiful children. You are all unique in personality and temperament which adds to the fun (most days)! I love to watch you play together, hug each other, laugh with each other, and comfort each other when needed. I hope you look back on the time you spend together as fondly as I enjoy watching it. Grammy and Paca's October 2007

11 comments:

Lois Michael said...

As usual this is darling. I love the layout & colors. Great picture too, even cougar is smiling. So cute!

Unknown said...

very cute!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Adorable !! Can't wait to see more !!

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! I've always wanted to learn how to do that! I'm loving this first class just as much as you said I would. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to ask......How did you come across the name "Paca"?
BTW - Kendyl's hair was ADORABLE today!

Brandy said...

Wow!! Great job--now it is my turn to get it done. Can't wait for the kiddos to go down.

PS-did anyone every tell ya that you had a bunch of cuties? Just wondering.

Kasey said...

They are adorable, just like their Mom!

Hey, if Brinley's bangs were all grown out, she and I would have the same hair cut right now!

I can't believe it's been 2.5 yrs since I've seen you guys. Too long, for sure! Aunt Kasey loves you all!

Anonymous said...

That is so good that you are taking another class, you do a great job with it! Your kids look just perfect in this picture!

Amie said...

You are a champion picture taker! We took our kiddos to the fair and I just couldn't get even one shot that was worth posting! How do you do it??? :) Love this scrap page. How much do the digiscrapping classes cost and when is the next start date?

Anonymous said...

Kari! You've got to post your latest "Love Affair" LO! Everyone will love it.

Unknown said...

Kari,
Sorry I removed my comparisons, I just thought everyone had seen them so their was no need to keep them (they're kind of cluttery) However, the website you go to is myheritage.com and you can choose either the comparison or the celebrity look-a-like! Hope to see yours I think it is interesting! We did everyones here and both Bry and Chris had Condie Rice on theirs so I guess they look similar to get a same person! I want to do mine again with a better pics, not ones from like 8 weeks after I had EJ and my fat face!!!